Pages

09 October 2011

bloggers' quilt-uber-fest

Scott Hansen from Blue Nickel Studios has organised a quilt fest for 16 days in October and of course even without a sewing machine I had to join in !

this is my fabric selection - including Marcia Derse, Basic Grey, Cloud 9.

I've cut out the first six blocks and today will do blocks 7 and 8 so I'm keeping up at least. Blocks 1, 2, and 3 in photo


My machine is away for a service (and has been for two weeks) and I got a call from the guy on Friday to tell me there are some dead spots in the motor - so its going to take a week or so longer till I get it back - while I was talking to him, he told me he'd found a 1/4 inch foot in my machine - so that's where it went and for the past month I've been blaming Pippi for stealing it :)  I took it off when I used the walking foot recently and then couldn't find it so it had slipped down through the needle plate - yay I'm so glad its been found.

Anyway, having no machine means I'm doing some handwork so those Polka Dot ladies might get finished sooner rather than later !

2 comments:

  1. LOL....glad you found your foot.....love your project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soooo funny, poor pippi.....luv your work...Mx

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment ♥